Blackjack Online: Blackjack is one of the most exciting and popular card games in the world. But how did it originate and when did it reach this cult-like status? Well, the origins of this insanely popular game are still under debate but many researchers are of the opinion that Blackjack originated in the French casinos around 1700. The French cards at that time were called Vingt-et-Un,” which literally translates to twenty-one. Hence Blackjack is also popularly called twenty-one. There is also a theory that Blackjack was invented by the Romans because they loved to play cards and loved to gamble. This theory has not been confirmed but like most theories and folklores, it has firmly been etched in the minds of people. The card games were also well-liked by the Americans and they made their way on the American shores in the early 18th century. And later, with each passing year, Blackjack began to gain popularity across the world.
Blackjack is a fairly popular game in India too. Even though iGaming is at a nascent stage in India, blackjack has received a fair amount of praise and popularity.
But how do you play blackjack? Well here are a few steps you can follow if you want to play blackjack.
Here, we will talk about the standard round of blackjack. Keep in mind that there can be more than one player seated at the same blackjack table where others are playing. Also, all players play at the same time. These are some of the things you need to keep in mind while playing blackjack. The players do not take turns. All play at the same time.
A round of blackjack can be divided into simple steps | Blackjack Online
- Each player starts the game by placing an initial bet in front of them in the form of chips
- With each bet placed, the dealer hands out cards to all the players. They hand out one card each facing up to them, and one card face down to themselves. Then in the second round, every player, including the dealer, gets one card face-up each. This means that every player has two cards face up, while the dealer has one card face up and one card face down.
- Now as the next step, each player is expected to calculate the value of their hands. The hand is worth between four and twenty-one points. The player has to score a total of twenty-one points or get a point that is close to the number of 21 but does not exceed it. A hand worth 21 is blackjack and this means that you have won the game.
- In the next step, all players who are not winners will get a chance to play. Here are a few things they can do.
If they have a new card, they can go for a hit. This card is always dealt face up.
If you are wary of getting a new card because you feel you will exceed 21 points, you can stand with the hope that the dealer has fewer points than you.
If you think your probability of a victory is high, you can double your bet.
- In the last step, when each player has made a decision, the dealer flips their card to see who is the winner. If the dealer has 21, the dealer wins and everyone else loses. Otherwise, the dealer continues betting