Blackjack is also known as Twenty-One, but whichever name you like to use for it, it still remains one of the most popular card games in the world. One of the best things about the Blackjack game is that the rules are simple and it is quite engaging. If you can strategize well, nothing like it, but even if you can’t, you don’t need to have an advanced level of mathematics to ace the game. You need to devise a strategy and mathematically be able to count the cards. It is not as difficult as it sounds and if you know Blackjack game rules well, you will be able to ace the game easily.
Blackjack Game Rules, Objective & Common Terms
In the game of Blackjack a standard 52-card pack is used, but most casinos shuffle several decks together. The most popular version of Blackjack uses six decks (312 cards). Besides this, the dealer also uses a blank plastic card, which is never dealt but is placed at the bottom of the card indicating the time when the cards need to be reshuffled. If you play with four or more decks, they are dealt from a spot called the shoe. A shoe is nothing but a box that allows the dealer to hand out one card at a time, face down.
The objective of the game is to beat the dealer by getting the score of 21 or something close to 21 but not go over the number as soon as possible. The value of Ace is decided by the players themselves. Face cards are 10 and the score of other cards is same as their pip value.
Blackjack Game Rules & How to Play Blackjack Game
- The rule of the game Blackjack is to keep the bet before the game begins. At the start of the game, each player is expected to place a bet, in chips, in front of them on the table or any area where the game is being played.
- In the beginning itself, the minimum and maximum limits on betting are established, and the general, most commonly used limits are from $2 to $500.
- The dealer is expected to shuffle the decks thoroughly before handing them out. Mostly one of the players is designated by the dealer to cut the deck and the plastic insert is placed to separate them.
- When all the players have placed their bets, the dealer hands out cards to them face up to themselves in a clockwise direction. And then they also deal a card face up to themselves.
- The second card is dealt face up to each player but the dealer takes it face down. Simply put, each player receives two cards face up while the dealer receives one card face up and one card face down.
- As per the Blackjack game rules the player to the left goes first and must decide where to ‘stand’. Stand here means not ask for any card. This is done with the plan to get closer to the magical number of 21 or hit 21 exactly.
- A player has the choice to stand on the two cards originally dealt to them or ask the dealer for more cards. This is where it requires you to strategize smartly. After the dealer is done serving to every player, the dealer turns up his face-down card. If the total comes around 17 or more, it is expected to stand, if it is 16 or under, they are expected to take a card.
The Blackjack game rules are not complicated, and the secret is to keep playing until you get better at it. They might sound too many or too complicated but once you start playing you will slowly but steadily develop the knack for the game.